Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dusty Post

Dusts off the old blog site, ok so things for me seem to be going pretty good. Just recently back from seeing my girlfriend in Ireland and apart from the long, depressive and endless job hunt things seem to be picking up. Been in a right depression for a few months now Marianna has been :) so good to me even though I'm a pain in ass most of the time when I feel down. Even started writing down things for the story I've always wanted to write.

Me a writer always makes me laugh considering how horrible my grammar, spelling and general use of the english language is but you know what they say everyone has at least one book in them (Just not a very good one). Going to save up a bit of money and get a proper work desk so I can get back to drawing. Originally this is what this blog was used for but since then I deleted all that work. I want try my hardest to get my art skills up to a point were I can turn my story into a comic.

Not a clue were to start from though I've been and done all the things you need to do to practice and to be honest my hearts not into doing that anymore. Want to practice but don't want it to be mindnumingly boring. Been reading Batman: The Dark Knight returns and I have to say its probably one of the best comics I've read in a while really dark for a batman comic which from my perspective is a plus. I really love reading comics or manga with a more mature feel to it. Like this manga called Monster which is about a surgeon who makes the choice of saving a young boy over the mayor and turns out the boy is pure evil. Then another manga I've read called Death note very dark manga. Anyway my point is its really hard to find comics or manga with a dark or mature feel to it so its refreshing to read something with that feel to it.

I use to love pure action comics and manga but now I just can't pull myself to read them they just feel so shallow and I generally can guess the end before I even finish them.

I also have a twitter which I also need to start using again www.twitter.com/dktens

On my to do list:

Finish reading my terry pratchet novels
Read the rest of my hellboy comics
Write some of my story or at least ideas for possible scenes in it
Stop eating o.O biscuits they are bad for me

No comments:

Post a Comment